Best Practices in Administration and Essential Office Management Skills
The dynamic changes in the business environments, require administrative professionals and other office managers to be steadfast and equipped with skills to cope with the everchanging demands. Changes in technology and business systems mean that Administrators are expected to understand all the dynamic business systems and sharpen their skills not only in information systems but also planning, communication, and have other essential management skills at their fingertips. This course tackles all the required management skills , interpersonal and behavioral skills as well as a focus on technology to get things done effectively and efficiently.
- Understand the modern management practices and what is currently required in a business environment
- Learn how to manage yourself through self-assessments and the interpersonal skills required for effective teamwork
- Become an outstanding supervisor; Coach and mentor others effectively
- Use technology and gain ability to work with various organizational information systems and tools
- Plan and organize work flow and be able to create, store and retrieving `corporate documents in the most appropriate manner
Welcome Message Pre-training Assessment Quiz
Skills for a Modern Office Manager
Planning and Time Management
Communication and Business writing
Office Records Management Systems and Procedures
This lesson focuses on understanding records kept in the organisation, records management principles and concepts, that will guide the learner into maintaining a sound records management program.
This lesson focuses on the different stages of a meeting; and how the chairperson, members, and secretariat can prepare for effective meetings. Having this knowledge guides in providing support to the different groups of attendees.
This lesson highlights fundamental elements that are required to ensure successful meetings.
This lesson requires reflection of goals set before each meeting. This knowledge enables us to support others in preparing for meetings; to ensure productive outcomes from the meeting.
This lesson focuses on steps and activities that ensure Meeting Minutes are prepared professionally, with accuracy and brevity to support the meeting in fulfilling its objectives.
This lesson focuses on common challenges faced in meetings; and gives suggestions on how they can be prevented. Bottom line is, one needs planning and and skill to mitigate most challenges.